Glass Standards Compliance Check – Glass Audit
A glass audit by Glassnow™ makes sure that the glass in your home or business property adheres to the Australian Standard AS1288-2006. Such inspections are a standard service offered by Glass Now to ensure your loved ones’ safety and reduce property damage.
Where the glass is outside of the scope of AS1288-2006 (very rare) an engineer might be required and we will provide you with relevant contacts.
Please let us know if you require certification form 15 or 16 for your council as this may increase the cost.
- Roof glazing (skylights etc.)
- Any glass with difficult access to it- eg. Extension ladders, scaffolds etc.
- If the building is more than 3 storey’s high
- Certification of pool fencing, shed or any other structures on the property other than house itself
The process with Glass Now is as follows for your building glass audit;
- We arrange a mutually suitable time for Glass Now to attended your site
- Please allow a minimum of 2 hours for the audit to be completed. A 50% deposit is required to proceed and this is non-refundable.
- Glass Now then measure individual glass pane’s, checking thickness and properties
- Our Glaziers create paperwork that is sent to the office and checked against the safety standard.
- You are contacted and advised if any panes of glass that do not comply with the building code.
- If the glass is not to code and you require a replacement we provide a quotation. If you choose to accept the quote we replace the glass and give you the certification at the time of repair. Provided that repairs and the remainder of the certification costs have been paid for.
- If you choose not to accept the quote, we will provide certification for compliant panels only and collect any outstanding cost of certification.
Our certification is a “Form 16- Inspection Certificate” that is accompanied with a spreadsheet of all items certified.
Call Glass Now to schedule a glass audit at any time of your convenience. We are open to serve you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week!
Why GlassNow™ ?
- QBCC Licensed
- Member of Qld Master Builders Association
- Accredited Member of Australian Glass Association
- 100% Australian Owned Company
- Established for over 24 years
- Free on site quotes where required
- Public Liability Insurance to the value of $ 20,000,000