Are you are considering installing a new pet door for your beloved dog or cat? You’re pet may not always be your best friend, let’s face it when there has been an accident inside sometimes it can be messy and the smell can be even worse – oh BOY!! This is just the reason why your Pets deserve their own special entrance. You should consider some of the following points prior to ordering and installing a new pet door.
• Crawling or small children may access a pet door directly onto the street or a pool area.
• Dogs and cats should not be free to roam the neighbourhood.
• Buying the right sizing dog or cat door for your Pet or Pets.
• Use the sliding locks that come with the door kit to keep other animals out when you are away or asleep. Make sure your pet is safely inside before closing.
• Training your pet to use their new pet door may be a challenge. Some people like to leave the flap off for a day or two. It also helps to call your pet and offer treats or food through the hole from outside. When your pet goes through the pet door you should praise them loudly by saying; you are such a good doggy – while wiggling your own bum and synchronising your head shakes – good job! Be patient, some animals take longer than others. But when your pet does learn, they’ll love their newfound freedom and you will be relieved that they can take themselves outside to do their own business.
Question: Can I let the Cat out but also keep other cats out of the house?
Answer: Yes – Most Cat doors and specifically the Transact cat pet door does allow for an electronic upgrade to allow only your cat to have exclusive access to the door via an electronic collar. This means that the door is locked until the cat comes within approximately 1m of the pet door and this should help to keep other cats out.
Question: Can I use an electronic collar for my Dog Door?
Answer: No – Most pet dog door brands do not allow for the Electronic Upgrade. The theory being that dogs should already be housed within a secure yard or fenced environment, making it is less likely that a random dogs will enter your house. Dogs are also more likely to injure themselves or damage the door if the electronic unit fails to open. As a pet owner you face many considerations and responsibilities. Likewise GlassNow takes the installation of cat and dog pet doors seriously. As such we can help you as a pet owner in two ways;
Scenario 1; (Labour only) – Installation of pet door into Glass. GlassNow can install any brand of Pet door quickly and easily into any type of Glass. Sorry we do not install into timber doors. Scenario 2; Supply and Installation of a Transcat pet door into Glass. We recommend Transact – Dog and Cat door from www.transcat.co.nz
Simply supply GlassNow with a rough size of the glass panel either via our quote form on our website or by phone and we can give you an accurate quote immediately. GlassNow specialise in installing any brand of pet door into any type of Glass, so if you live between Byron Bay and Noosa please give us a call today.
GlassNow – Pet Door Installation Process
Step 1, QUOTE. Simply supply us with a rough size of the glass panel either via our quote form on our website or by phone and we can give you an accurate quote immediately.
One of our friendly tradesmen comes to your home to measure your panel of glass where you would like you pet door installed to.
Step 2; TOUGHENING – We order a new piece of glass that is exactly the same size as the glass panel that you identify for the new pet door in Step 1, this new piece of glass gets a hole cut into the glass and then it gets sent back to the factory to become toughened glass.
We then order a new piece of the toughened glass with a hole in it for the pet door.
Step 3; FITTING – After receiving the new piece of toughened glass, we check all the dimensions are correct and contact you with an installation date
One of out friendly trade’s people returns to install the glass and the pet door.